What Is Post Abortion Syndrome?
Post Abortion Syndrome Is the psychological after-effects of abortion, which is resultant of post-traumatic stress disorder is termed as Post Abortion Syndrome1.
The following facts about Post Abortion Syndrome assist in knowing more about the condition.
- Almost 30 to 50 % of aborted women frequently experiencing sexual dysfunctions. The symptoms included in sexual dysfunction are the absence of pleasure, pain symptom increased, disliking the sexual intimacy, which may last for short or long period and affect the lifestyle of the family.
- Almost 33 percent of women takes much time to become pregnant interns of mental and physical acceptance and to overcome the situations associated with loss of pregnancy.
- It is quite common in teenagers who had an abortion get worse psychosocial functioning, which can start within 7 months after the abortion. The impact of abortion may fast in a girl, who are under 17 years of age. The condition is aggravated in a girl who already had a history of psychosocial problems.
- The included symptoms are depression, withdrawal, social regression, obsession for getting pregnant again, hasty marriages.
- The most worrisome fact about the Post Abortion Syndrome is self-destructive behavior1,2.
Some common symptoms of Post-Abortion Syndrome are as follows:
- Sad mood
- Unexplained, uncontrollable crying
- Weak self-esteem
- Demotivated from life
- Sleep disturbance
- Anorexia (loss of appetite)
- Disturbed sexual life
- Interpersonal relationship disrupted
- Fear about abortion for future pregnancy
- Anxiety over Fertility and Childbearing Issues
- Disrupted bonding with present child or children
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Suicidal tendency1
- How to Heal Post Abortion Syndrome?
- The following conditions are favorable for Post Abortion Syndrome:
- Affected women need a safe zone, where no further negative discussion will continue about the abortion.
- Caring surroundings where close one can understand the feelings of women without be a judgmental approaches.
- The favorable environment where affected women get proper space for them.
- Avoid to repeated discussion about abortion, but be sentimental when she will discuss her pain or feelings about abortion.
- The partner needs to give assurance that he is with her even in this tough situation.
- Taking care of her diet and also motivate her to take care of herself by ingesting proper balanced diet and takes rest.
- Mental conditions like depression, sleep disturbance may require proper medical care.
- Sometimes counseling can help to overcome the condition3.
- After Abortion Grief. Retrieve from http://studentsforlife.org/prolifefacts/postabortion/
- Post Abortion Syndrome. Retrieve from http://www.iowartl.org/get-the-facts/abortion/post-abortion-syndrome/
- Feelings after abortion: Post-Abortion Syndrome; Retrieve from https://www.lifesitenews.com/resources/abortion/abortion-risks/feelings-after-abortion-post-abortion-syndrome